
You ever notice those people who like to express themselves by decorating their houses for all to see? I am not talking about the once a year Christmas lights that so many people do, I am talking about the inflatables, the garden gnomes, the decorative flags and the pink flamingos. This is a big way of people to express themselves. To such people it seems as though it is important to them that everyone recognize their spirit of the season...or something like that.
To other people it is important to have a linen closet.
So can a linen closet be used to express oneself? I would argue yes, and here is why, these are the pillow cases you will find in my linen closet. I think it is a good way to express myself without imposing upon others.
My, sometimes I am in the mood for orange pillow cases.
My President's Day/spring time pillow case. (My mom use to bake cherry pie for President's Day...you remember the story about George Washington chopping down the cherry tree...)
You might call these my back to school pillow cases.
Holloween pillow cases, the blue one has glow in the dark.
Thanksgiving/fall pillow cases.
Easter pillow cases.
Spring/summer pillow cases. I need more of these because they are happy and because there is more time for summer than other holidays.
Just happy pillow case.
Fourth of July or otherwise just feeling patriotic pillow cases. 




9 comments:
I'm not sure whether to be amused or disturbed.
By the way, I moved... http://importantbabblings.blogspot.com/
I would hope it isn't disturbing, especially since many of them began as gifts from my mother and sister who started the whole tradition. Or is that more disturbing?
About your spot, not to worry, I changed my link when I first got the e-mail that you had changed, but you can advertise here if you think you really need to. ;)
Can I come live at your house?
Very cool. I love all the pillow cases. Whenever our family members come to visit they have the funnest pillows and I think it's cool. I just have Christmas pillowcases but that's ok cuz I like my pillowcases to match my sheets. (I prefer plain borring white) I need to find another fun way to express my spirit of the holidays though (no, not inflatables either) I know how about on my blog.
I love how festive it all is. Thanks for the pillowcases when you were my visiting teacher. They were just so fun.
Nevermind, I don't want to come live at your house. Apparently I am too much of a temptation.
There are more colors in any one of those pillow cases than is in my entire house! I think this tradition of yours is a lot of fun. If only I could convince myself to be a little more festive.
I think you stole some of those from me. I want them back!
Kirsten, I will admit, one of the flag ones is yours, but the rest are all mine! Mine! Mine!
Post a Comment