Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Poem or Few

I spent a good part of my day going through old stuff and found some poems I wrote a long time ago; most in grade school and one as a teenager. While I am no Todorojo I thought I would share.

How I Feel

I feel glad when I get a friend
I feel sad when a life is at end
I try to help when people need it
And I try to be kind.

Silly Jill

Silly Jill would always spill
but when it went on the floor it would run out the door
but when the funny day came
nothing seemed quite the same
she never slopped a dropped
then everyone hopped.

Ice Cream

As it drips down the cone its sticky substance falls on the floor
with its many flavors that are quite a chore.

Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall

Spring, summer, winter fall those are the seasons known to all
Some are hot, some are cold, but all, I have told

Our Pet

Our pet is a dog he goes with us to jog
He is a black and white Springer Spaniel
His name is Boedee and he’s an [oldy].

Untitled

Why is it from day to day
Everything goes a different way?
One day is happy the next day is sad
Then there’s times you believe you’ll always be glad

Just when you believe you’re on a high point that will last forever
You fall down and get out of joint on the never, never.

Life is like a roller coaster with ups and downs
One [days] exciting, the next day you drown.
Next time you get discouraged with all the frowns
Just remember, No ups will seem wonderful without any downs.

7 comments:

Adam said...

I have some questions for Silly Jill. Why did she spill? And why did she always seem to be near a door when it happened? And what happened that funny day when she didn't spill? And why did everyone hop when she never slopped a dropped?

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to share with us. Aren't you glad you saved them?

Hokie said...

todorojo-
Silly Jill was just messy, and I never thought of it as she was near the door as much as her mess was always really big, in which case I would be glad she was close to a door because sweeping a mess out the door is better than into the closet. As far as that funny day...I think it was when she quit spilling, and of course that made everyone happy, that is why they hopped.

Crutches said...

Maybe, just maybe, Silly Jill would not come out of her closet until she could do it without making her mess. Suppose all those messes were near, and then out of the closet door? And who could blame her, really? Closets are dark places with lots of things to trip over. Then, logically, it would be a funny day when she actually came out without making a mess. We could then conclude that everyone would hop at the surprise of seeing her. Did you ever think of that?

Hokie said...

Perhaps I should have included the illustration that was included in my childhood poetry book. I think then you would see that Silly Jill was not in a dark and enclosed place like a closet. Besides, despite the many years that have passed, I am the author, therefore I decide…Silly Jill was very messy and got stuff all over the floor. Then one day she wasn’t messy anymore and it made everyone happy so they hopped. The End.

Adam said...

I can't wait for the sequel to the Silly Jill saga!

Mary said...

I would like to see the illustration. See if Silly Jill bares any resemblance to anyone you know.