Sunday, October 12, 2008

High School Tag: Hey, Why Not

I decided to take the tag from Chantal so here goes.

Your High School's Name: Parkway West

High School Colors: light blue and red (although many people didn’t know the shade of blue so it usually ended up being a darker blue making school spirit day looking very patriotic)

High School Mascot: the longhorn

Did you date anyone from your school? No, nor did I date anyone not from my school.

What kind of car did you drive? My parents Chevy Lumina, I was the first of my friends to get my license so I drove all the time.

It's Friday night where are you? Football game, I attended every single home game all four years of high school but never learned a thing about the sport.

Were you a party animal? Nope

Were you considered a flirt? Are you kidding? I am barely a flirt now; it is something I have been working on for the past few years.

Were you in band, orchestra, choir, or any other group? Band geek…hence attendance to all football games.

Were you in any clubs? Nope, band consumed all activity in our school, if you were a band geek that was all you did and we loved it that way.

Did you ever get suspended or expelled? When I started teaching and found out about things like in school suspension I was surprised to learn that our high school had one, I had no idea…does that answer the question?

Can you still sing the fight song? I am in the minority of people knew that the fight song was the Magnificent Seven and not Stand Up and Cheer like most people believed. I could sing some words to the latter, but hum them both. I am not sure the Magnificent Seven even has words (maybe that is why we had the alternate).

Who were your favorite teachers? I liked Mrs. Newyear even though that bothered my brother because according to him she was a self-proclaimed which.

Where did you sit during lunch? I spent a lot of my lunch time walking the halls with a certain friend of mine who had a different lunch; I don’t really remember where I sat otherwise.

Who did you go to Homecoming with? Ricky Ross

Who did you go to Prom with? Did not go.

If you could go back and re-do high school would you? Nope

What do you remember about Graduation? I don’t know why but I always remember when it was over they played Chicago’s “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.”

Do you plan on going to your 10 year reunion, or if you already went what was it like? Did not go, I really wasn’t friends with too many people from my class and I wasn’t popular by any means so what would I go for.

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Fun to read about your HS memories. I may have to do this on my blog too. Looks like we have a lot in common.

Adam said...

I'm surprised you weren't a party animal as you can throw one heck of a fire-pit party! Complete with caramel apple candy corns...

Adam said...

P.S. I can vouch for your flirting progress. You did ask me to kiss your hand recently.

Hokie said...

I do believe I asked you to hold my hand, not kiss it.

Mary said...

Tag, you're it. If you want to after this tag. I haven't seen the high school tag before but that was fun. By the way, what did you mean by the heart and Soul duet should be a love/hate? And yes, I do need to update!!