Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April Fool's Week: Rotten Tomato... Final Update

So here we see the fake tomato perched on the wall about an hour before it was discovered. Yes, it took exactly a week. Chantal, you were right.

So how did they figure it out? Well, I knew something was up when one of my students was obviously trying to distract me while his classmates attempted to move the tomato. They had decided to make the game more interesting by moving it somewhere different each day. I guess they were getting bored waiting.

Needless to say, they were a little surprised when the picked it up and figured it out. I got all sorts of reactions from "you got us good" to "I figured you knew". One student suspected I was switching it out with another real one on a daily basis. Another thought this one looked slightly shorter than the origional so the figured it must be rotting.

They all asked how long it took for me to discover it. They were disappointed that I had found it halfway through the first class and that I immediatly replaced it with a new one the next day.

So I discovered from them that I wasn't the only teacher hit. One teacher said nothing and another got a good laugh, but not I. I took it to the extreem and got them back and I have to admit, it was fun!

9 comments:

Chantalita said...

Well done Laura. Well done. Good job staying patient; a weaker person would have cracked :)

Unknown said...

You got them the best way possible. I have totally loved reading these updates. They have made my week. thanks for the laughs!

MAK said...

What a good ending. I guess thats a good april fools cuse I'm probly the kind of teacher that would threten to suspend anyone who played any triks.

Hokie said...

Thanks all! I have to admit I am proud of myself for being patient (it is the key to a good joke), cleaver (because on most occasions I probably would have just thrown it away and been angry), and funny (because I have really enjoyed sharing such things in a blog).

Melissa said...

Funny. Glad you have the patience for teenagers.

Rachel said...

You're hilarious. Who would think of that? I would have just taken it down and thrown it away. The kids must love you.

Sharla said...

This will be an April Fool's week to remember! Thanks for sharing. I've loved reading your updates.

Cari said...

Way to go Laura! And I'm glad you put the really tomato to good use. No sense in wasteing it! :)

Paul Jr. said...

Will students ever get that teachers are not as dumb as they think?