Sometimes I wonder why I am the Spanish teacher. A few weeks ago we were telling a story and we decided to use a bull as a character in the story. I insisted the part must be played by a boy (I get confused as to who is who if I let them play opposite roles). They couldn't understand why it had to be a boy so I had to explain that all bulls are male...this was huge news to them. What was worse is most of them didn't know that cows are female and were amazed and somewhat unbelieving as I was explaining it to them. One student finally accepted what I was saying as she pondered the fact that all cows have udders.The wonder doesn't stop there...today a student asked me "how many legs do chickens have?"
11 comments:
How have these students gotten to high school with out his knowledge? So weird!
How many legs does a chiken have!? You must remember they grew up in the "city" you grew up on a "farm". At least by there standers I would guess.
Wow. That's very sad.
They need a trip to the farm. To milk cows and be chased by bulls. Also, kill or walk with a two legged chicken.
What is going on the biology classrooms?!? That's sad, but not terribly surprising. You should see what I get to explain to inner city college students. :)
Sounds like a field trip to Grant's farm is in order...
I am just not sure how to justify a Spanish field trip to see chickens...maybe if we simulated a chicken bus...but I would rather not.
Wow. These kids need to leave the city limits every now and then.
I don't think I REALLY understood the the difference until I saw a BIG BULL at the fair one year....
That is hilarious!!
One of many differences between KC and STL I guess. We live in the middle of KC (literally) and have a stable just down the road and our bishop raises chickens...in the middle of town. Big city life isn't an excuss though. Didn't their mother's ever read a farm book to them???!!!
Post a Comment