Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting Away

As I think most of you know I was able to get away for Spring break. I was fortunate enough to be able to go stay with good friends from my college days unfortunately the weather was a little colder than I would have liked. You can kind of tell from our "go to the beach on the warmest day" picture here that it was indeed chilly. Still I did enjoy the different scenery and cold though it was the beach was cool to see. We went to Old Town San Diego where we saw this beautiful Tiger Lilly arrangement. There were several shops and eating places as well as some historical things. We got our fill of food and browsing and as far as historical sites we only went to the Mormon Battalion site which was perhaps geared to a little younger crowed but I still really enjoyed it and got a needed message out of it. These were also in Old Town.

We also had fun at a farmers' market and street festival where we ate yummy food and saw lots of fun shops. I splurged and bought this necklace.



I think one of my favorite parts about the whole trip, aside from just hanging out with my friend and going to the temple (which I didn't get a picture of), was the bike rides along the highway and beach. No I don't have any pictures of it but it was just cool to think about going out and exercising with such beautiful views.

3 comments:

MAK said...

How fun! I want to go somewere. Umm Mary are you up for viseters? And I love the necklace you bought!

Mary said...

It does look cold but very beautiful. The necklace is not what I ever would have imagined, what a fun buy. I can't wait for you to ware it.

Melissa, of course. (Bring Laura and come on over)

Adam said...

Cook necklace. I want to see you wear it next time we hang out.