Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Surprise From the Ground

If you look at my backyard you can see that I already need to mow my lawn...don't know when I am going to do that, but that is beside the point. Notice the little tufts that are growing taller than the rest. I thought this was rather odd and asked a friend to investigate to tell me what was up with the tall grass. I did not expect the investigation to include tasting the grass but it did. Here you can see a close up of the taller grass. I even tasted it...a little familiar tasting but a bit odd. This picture is not clear at all but this is what was at the root of the problem. Yes we actually picked the onions and chopped them up and put them in our salad. Crazy I say!

7 comments:

KmillS said...

Lucky you! Justin wont plant onions this year, he says it's to late to start them.

Tina said...

Wait until you mow the yard. It will smell like onions! :)

MAK said...

I love it! It just goes to show that we can live off nature.

Mary said...

Green onions in the grass? It doesn't even look like there was a garden there before.

I didn't think I had any room but maybe I could squeeze onions into my garden.

Karen said...

I think... you have wild garlic growing in your grass. :) But, whether you call them wild onions or garlic, way to go on wild harvesting techniques!

Mary said...

"Wild thing, you make everything, groovy"

Adam said...

Seriously?? Wow.