Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What Do You Do In the Summer Time?

I really don't have anything to blog, I am just tired of opening my blog and seeing the same old post, plus I am so close to my 100th post that I need to get some things up so I can do something really big for 100...Right?

So I am officially on summer vacation and I have so much to do and so little to do that I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed all at the same time. I know it doesn't make sense to me either.

Monday morning I hit the ground running, getting up early, scripture study, going off to tutor and getting home and planning on going to the gym all before 10am...then I crashed. Yes I fell asleep in my bed before I even finished getting ready for the gym. Fortunately a friend called so it wasn't a very long nap and I eventually made it to the gym and even spent many hours with my parents trying to buy a new TV...that is a whole different story in an of itself. (End story, they got a new one, I did not).

Tuesday I thought I would give it another go. I got up early, went to the gym for extra time, went to the dentist, started running some errands to get ready for girls camp then again I came home and crashed...two days of summer, two naps. By now I am feeling a little worthless so I wrote down some things I need to get done and I did my scripture study and went to practice the camp skit with the girls...overall not a horrible day but I have yet to really do anything.

That brings me to my to do list. I have been working on a to do list for several weeks, the biggest problem is that most of it is outdoor stuff and quite frankly the heat and the cicadas are keeping me from it. I mowed my lawn last week and was swarmed twice by them. I felt like I was in middle of the plagues of Egypt and I was fearful for frogs and lice. I thought about blogging about the cicadas but quite frankly I have heard enough about them from everyone on FB, the news, random strangers at the store (yes a woman stopped to show me pictures she got on her phone of cicadas at her friends house). On the other hand I like to see that people are so friendly to strangers.

Man, this post is more like a journal write, sorry it is boring but I wanted to put something.

Good news for the day: Today I have gone to tutor, to the gym, done my study, sprayed for bugs, showered and blogged and no nap! Go me!

Now off to make a plan for the rest of the week because girls camp is coming so to do list, here I come!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I don't think you realise how much you do! Plus, maybe take a nap should be on your to do list. I get how it feels to think you wasted your time taking a nap and it makes you feel like a slaker but a nap in and of its self is not a bad thing.

Adam said...

Happy 100th post-iversary!

Hokie said...

It isn't my 100th yet, I am just writing some so I can get to my 100th.

Adam said...

Oh, well then I take it all back :)