Saturday, February 1, 2014

Another Distraction: The Dress!

Returning back to my discussion about passing the time to get through day to day at my challenging job; it is now time to draw attention to the dress. I don't really intend to go into a lot of detail, it was a bit of adventure trying to find a store that had dresses that were modest without flying to Utah. We did go to the one store that is in the area and I tried on literally every possible dress in my size or that could be gotten in my size within the time frame we had. Nothing looked remotely good on me. OK, there was one that was slightly flattering, but it was for someone about half my age... but I digress.

Finally we went to another store that we knew had dresses that weren't modest but we thought if we could at least find a shape that I liked we could consider somethings online. Of course I found the dress I loved! And of course it wasn't even close to modest.
Fortunately for me, the store worked with the designer and she could redesign it and make it a modest dress. So they had her fax a sketch of what she would do to it and I loved it even more than the one in the store. They then took all my measurements and sent them to her (she lives in Canada) where she started making my dress.

Exactly a year ago today we were privileged to go and meet her (She had come to do a trunk show at the store where we were purchasing the dress) and she did me a nice autographed sketch of my dress. Here are some pictures of my mom (it was her birthday) and my sister and myself with the designer and maker of my dress, Lee Ann Belter. Also is included the sketch she did for me.

She did a wonderful job and it fit perfectly! Now I had to figure out what to do for shoes and with the hair...

Here is a picture of me in the dress for those who may have missed it or just dying to see it again. I know everyone is.





2 comments:

Mary said...

SO So Beautiful!!!

Tina said...

Now that is a cool dress story. I love that you have the sketch too. You look beautiful in it.