Tuesday, September 9, 2014

THE BIG REVEAL



I never thought I would do this. Ever since people started taking advantage of the fact that we could identify the gender of a baby months before birth I have said I wasn’t going to be one of those people.
I don’t care if people do it. I understand the convenience of knowing and preparing ahead of time, I mean who wants to pick room decor or make baby blankets or blessing outfits without knowing if you are preparing for a boy or a girl. I understand some people can bond better when baby has a little more identity, and I get the ease of figuring out a name when you have half as many of the millions of options of names to choose from.
On the other hand I love surprises. I know it is still a surprise even if you find out early, but I know myself and I like the suspense of waiting. I never understood people who shook their Christmas presents to try to figure out what they were before Christmas day. I wanted a total surprise on the day of.
That having been said, sometimes the things we say we will never do are the things we find ourselves doing and I found that despite all my years of saying I wouldn’t, I have done it. So for all of those who are curious what we are having, here goes…


4 comments:

Tina said...

Cute! We have already started on the blankets, BTW. But now we can add a little pink and blue accents! :)

Unknown said...

I always knew what I was having before the babies were born. I somehow just knew even before the ultrasound. But I think the idea of a reveal is really cute.

Sharla said...

Yea! Congratulations Laura. I'm very happy for you.

Mary said...

Wait a second...you're having twins?