So as I was in bed not able to sleep (at 10:00 on a Saturday night I don’t know anyone didn’t invite me to do anything) I was thinking about all the things I should write down either in letter form or journal form, for these are my two main means of creating recordings of happenings in my life. As I thought about the various things I wanted to write down I also thought of those that were slightly humorous, perhaps those that were worthy of a blog. Then I thought of all my friends’ blogs and wondered why I didn’t have one and why no one had ever suggested I get one. Then as my thoughts continued in this direction I thought why don’t I get one and since I was just laying there not sleeping I decided to get up and investigate. This is when my real problem occurred.
So, I have thought that perhaps I just couldn’t be entertaining enough to write a blog and perhaps that would be the main reason for not doing one but then I discovered a new problem. The truth is, I don’t know what I would name my blog spot. I considered old nicknames but just couldn’t settle on any of them for various reasons. Here are some of them.
Hokie
Hoagie
Pokie
Pocahontas
Hokie Pokie
Larry
The Lovely Lady Laura
Fredy Fish
OG
OG Hoke
J
So there are most of the names I have had over the years, most of which you can tell why I wouldn’t consider, some of which I would rather not share the stories behind. So with no more creativity of what to name a blogspot than using old nicknames that just don’t work, I have delayed creating one (although if this has made it as a post I have obviously chosen something which is my ultimate goal in even typing this out before creating such a site). I hope I can change the names and titles as I will probably just choose something for the sake of choosing something.
PS, I wonder why I don’t have any nicknames now. (not counting the things my students call me)
Can you have a PS on a blog?
1 comment:
There's so much in a good name! It is a good foundation and start for so many other things. When I started my blog I sat there for 45 minutes stewing over what my blog should be called and what my blogger name should be. I finally gave up.
Post a Comment