So one of my students asked me today if I was born in the sixties; I must admit, I was a little taken aback. What does one as young as I say to that? I guess he could tell by the expression on my face that I was slightly offended, but he was determined that he had a good excuse for the question...he wanted to meet a hippie.
Who is that girl in the picutre? I would guess it's you except that the photo is in color and I don't think color photography was introduced until after your time.
What do they teach in schools these days!?! I mean other than Spanish? To be a hippie you would have to have been old enough to be somewhere between high school and college during the sixties. This student obviously cannot think rationally and is also clearly incapable of doing basic math.
7 comments:
Hi Laura, just wanted to "comment" Cute story.
So you really do have a blog after all. I'll admit, Adam's mom's saying that a secret blog is no blog at all must be false.
My mom also told me not to say mean things about someone else's mom.
Who is that girl in the picutre? I would guess it's you except that the photo is in color and I don't think color photography was introduced until after your time.
Even though you weren't born in the sixties, I'm sure the fact that you were in your twenties then was good enough for him.
Right?
Ouch, I am hurt!
What do they teach in schools these days!?! I mean other than Spanish? To be a hippie you would have to have been old enough to be somewhere between high school and college during the sixties. This student obviously cannot think rationally and is also clearly incapable of doing basic math.
Post a Comment