Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Me Racist?!
So I was giving a quiz to my students one day and one student was taking a particularly long time to finish. After the other students had been sitting waiting for several minutes, while the last student looked at his paper not knowing anymore answers than he did several minutes before, I announced that they had two minutes to finish. The student who had yet to finish looked at me and said you can’t put a time on this, and I said this is now a timed quiz. Then he told me I was racist. Slightly surprised at the accusation, I asked how putting a time limit on a quiz made me racist. He looked at me in all seriousness and said “it is racing against the clock, that’s racist.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
makes perfect sense to me. racist
If your student could only focus that quick-thinking on the quiz, he probably would have finished before anyone else. That's not to say that he'd get any more correct answers -- just that he'd have finished without having to resort to being racist.
I can totally picture one of my kids saying this to me.
Post a Comment