I promise it is coming but here is a story while you wait…it is what inspired me to finally write the adventures of Sand and Sun.
Scenario:
I- high school junior, Americanized but classy and smart European girl, concerned with everything from looks to grades; also my cadet teacher.
Scenario:
I- high school junior, Americanized but classy and smart European girl, concerned with everything from looks to grades; also my cadet teacher.
T-typical American high school freshman boy, family heritage Indian, (he told me his mom was a nurse and that his dad works at 7-11, but I know the latter is false) also concerned with grades but also in it to have fun, with the help if an “upperclassman”.
A day in their life during Spanish class.
T-Señorita Hokanson, I left something in my locker can I go get it? I can go with me if you want, I promise I just need my book.
I-Eeew!
T-Come on Señorita please…
Señorita-Fine, take I
(do I like to encourage these high school crushes? Just wait until you see my part in the Sand and Sun story)
T-Come on I (taking her by the hand) lets go.
I- What? (going without much resistance) Why do I have to go?...you don’t need to hold my hand…
A day in their life during Spanish class.
T-Señorita Hokanson, I left something in my locker can I go get it? I can go with me if you want, I promise I just need my book.
I-Eeew!
T-Come on Señorita please…
Señorita-Fine, take I
(do I like to encourage these high school crushes? Just wait until you see my part in the Sand and Sun story)
T-Come on I (taking her by the hand) lets go.
I- What? (going without much resistance) Why do I have to go?...you don’t need to hold my hand…
Later I and T return to class...still holding hands.
I-Thank goodness THAT is over, he held my hand the whole way, even when he was getting his book out of his locker, what if someone saw us, a junior can’t be seen with a freshman!
So I have a table and chair next to my desk for I, my cadet teacher. On this same day the students were working independently on a project T decided to sit by I and did so by pushing her over to sit by her on the chair. They were working this way for sometime before there was any further conversation.
T- Señorita I am finished with my book, what should I do?
Señorita- Why don’t you make a dedication in the front?
T- That is a good idea, I will dedicate it to I.
I- No, don’t do that, leave me alone, why are you sitting by me?
T- (ignoring this while writing in his book) “A I, mia amor”
I- That is not right, it is “amor mia”
I-Thank goodness THAT is over, he held my hand the whole way, even when he was getting his book out of his locker, what if someone saw us, a junior can’t be seen with a freshman!
So I have a table and chair next to my desk for I, my cadet teacher. On this same day the students were working independently on a project T decided to sit by I and did so by pushing her over to sit by her on the chair. They were working this way for sometime before there was any further conversation.
T- Señorita I am finished with my book, what should I do?
Señorita- Why don’t you make a dedication in the front?
T- That is a good idea, I will dedicate it to I.
I- No, don’t do that, leave me alone, why are you sitting by me?
T- (ignoring this while writing in his book) “A I, mia amor”
I- That is not right, it is “amor mia”
5 comments:
I can't believe you would encourage this! That poor girl!
Did you miss the part where she helped him write a dedication to her?
Anyway I will further respond by sharing a conversation I had with I.
I- Señorita I can’t believe I just walked through the halls holding a freshman’s hand.
Señorita- I, did you at any time try to pull your hand away? Did you tell him to stop? Or did you walk all the way to his locker with him and then let him get stuff out of his locker and then walk all the way back while still holding his hand? Because if you told him to stop and he didn’t we can report this.
I- (gave me look of pout but no comment)
This is so Grease! (If anyone doesn't remember Grease, think old school High School Musical.) I'm picturing T as a T-bird trying to romance one of the Pink Ladies...
The classic high school love story!
This makes me think of a crazy ad campaign. Have you seen the internet advertisements for (if I remember correctly) "Classmates.com" that have a picture of a guy and a girl with the caption of "She Married Him...and they have seven kids!"?.
It would be terribly cliche, but still quite funny if these two actually ended up together.
Post a Comment