Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lifes Got You In a Jam?


When life has you in a jam you should read your scriptures.

No really this happened to me today. I was in a traffic jam, just sitting there on the highway going nowhere, trying to keep awake. While I sat there, trying to stay awake enough to keep my foot on the brake until things started moving again, I tried calling a few people to talk to, putting on music, opening my windows, listening to talk radio. . . nothing was working.

Soon I found myself thinking about how I had planned on doing my scripture study when I got home so it wasn't hanging over my head at bed time when it occurred to me that I could do it while I was sitting there.
So there I was, on highway 44 reading the Book of Mormon. It was great! Suddenly I know longer felt too tired and sure enough after a few chapters things started improving and soon I was moving forward towards my home where I was out of harms way and able to rest.
I love how the scriptures make EVERYTHING better!

4 comments:

MAK said...

So how long was the "jam"? Good thing I wasn't home.

Mary said...

I was going to apologize for not being able to talk to you while you drove home, but I guess I'm glad, you found something that was better.

Karen said...

YEah for the scriptures....I guess it's a good idea to keep some in the car!

Hokie said...

They were only there because it is my give away copy. Only sorry it has been there so long, but glad I had it to read and that it for some reason wasn't in the back window like it usually is.