
I got these from the book "Eat Your Words" by Charlotte Foltz Jones. Although some of these laws may no longer be on the books, they are somewhat amusing so I thought I would share some.
1. In Joliet, Illinois, it is against the law to put cake in a cookie jar.
2. In California, it is illegal to peel an orange in a hotel room.
3. In Greene, New York, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backward on the sidewalk while a concert is playing.
4. Pennsville, New Jersey, has a law prohibiting anyone from selling baskets of fresh cucumbers within the town limits.
5. In Gary, Indiana, it is against the law to ride a bus or attend a theatre within four hours after eating garlic.
6. It is illegal to take a bite out of someone else's hamburger in Oklahoma.
7. In Lexington, Kentucky, it is against the law to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.
8. It's a crime in Idaho to give your sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
10 comments:
A box of candy weighing LESS than fifty pounds? Seriously? I know a lot of people who could be in trouble if that's true. :)
Where exactly do you buy a box of candy that weighs no less than 50 lbs?
I guess laws aren't as hard to pass as one thought.
Valintines is comeing up. I will keep that last one in mind!
How do these laws get on the book anyway.
I don't know why my comment showed up that way? Is it still that way?
I agree with number 8. I better make sure Justin sees it.
I don't think the candy has to weigh 50 lbs, I think it will make you gain at least 50 lbs
Those are insane!! Glad I live in Missouri!! :)
Maybe it is the box that has to weigh 50 lbs. Or isn't lbs how they refer to the wight of paper. Maybe it is just refering to the thinknes of the materyal used to make the box so it will be sturdy enoughe to hold the candy inside. That's not nearly as exsiteing.
MMMMM. I'm thinking Mom's Candy Kitchen.......
Post a Comment