Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good News: We Have Prophets and Apostles Today!

I believe most of my readers are LDS (Mormons) like myself but just in case I have some unknown non-LDS readers out there, I will start by saying we believe that like in the organization of the Church when Christ was on the Earth we have prophets and apostles that give direction from Him for our day. If you want to know more go to mormon.org/restoration and scroll down to How God Talks to Us Today.

Why is this good news? Well since they have direction for our day I like to take advantage of the teachings to help me know better who I am and what I should do. Two of my current favorite talks from two of the Lord's apostles are "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character" by Elder Richard G. Scott and "Continue in Patience" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yes! The patience one is one of my favorites. :)

Cari said...

I think I need to read that patience talk again.