So I did a lot of fun activities this summer. Some were completely new to me and some were repeats of old favorites. One of my favorite activities is to float on a tube down the Boise River which I got to do. I have no pictures but it was very adventuresome. I will try to tell the story on it soon.
Other activities included hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, and rock climbing. I am featuring the rock climbing here obviously because it was such a huge thing for me and maybe too because I have pictures. ;)
So first I have a picture of what I was going to climb. I was probably one of the last ones to go and those ahead of me at least had some experience and made it look a little easier than it was.
So here I am getting started. I think at this point I was saying (probably out loud, but only to myself) I can't do this, it is too hard. Then I answered back with I have to do this, I can do this, I am going to do this!
So I kept going. When I got past this part everyone started to tell me I only had the hard part left. People, for the record, words of encouragement usually don't include "you only have the hard part left." But I was determined by now.
I made it to the top and as tradition has it for rock climbers, when you reach the top you are supposed to kiss the chain...and I did! So cool that I was able to do this!

2 comments:
That's what they tell you when your in labor. So I guess I didn't entiarly miss out.
Melissa, so true! Rock climbing is one of those things you have to experience. What you're saying about the hard part I'm sure people can try to imagine but you really don't know until you've done it. and YOU DID IT.
Post a Comment