Zion's
Butterfield
Dog Lake
Jenny Lake
Another activity I really enjoyed was attending some new temples. If you don't know about temples click here and search temples.
There are 141 Operating (1 Under Renovation), 13 Under Construction, 16 Announced. Of these I have been to I think 27. Four of those I added in my visit to Utah last year.
Oquirrh Mountain,
Draper,
Manti,
and St. George Utah.They were all really neat and have special meaning and history to me. The first, Oquirrh Mountain, was kind of my temple while living in Utah this past summer, I attended several times.
The second, Draper, I went to with my nieces. I went to add another to my list but I had a very special experience there that helped me let go of one of my biggest concerns in life at the time and that allowed me to move one from something I had been struggling with for a very long time. I don't know why it was there and at that time, I didn't go with any particular prayer or thought in mind but I felt two distinct phrases, 8 words, that let me know my Heavenly Father knew exactly where I was and what I had pressing on me and let me know exactly how to deal with it. It was a great blessing.
Manti and St. George I did while on my way to Zion's National Park. I loved the history behind them and the feeling I felt when I was there. After attending the St. George temple I got a hotel room (first time ever doing that alone!) then took the next day to do the hike at Zion's that I already blogged about last year. That night I stayed with an old roommate in Kanab then began a very long road trip to Nauvoo Illinois. I did not attend the temple there but I have before, it is beautiful and has great history also, but I did get to see a few brothers and a sister and we went to the Nauvoo Pagent with them.
Finally after that I headed back home where I began a new journey that would change my life forever. So there I will leave you hanging. One preview is I got to add another temple to my list less than a year later...more to come...
2 comments:
I haven't been to any of those. Wow my list is very short. Someday.
Post a Comment