Sunday, September 7, 2014

Some of Our New Neighbors


Marriage has brought many changes including move to a new house. It has been fun to start our life together in our place and whe have had some fun meeting our new neighbors. Here are the pictures of some that I didn’t feel like I had to get permission from to post.
Georgina, we first met her hanging out by our pine tree, she wouldn't leave when hollered at and ran quite slowly and was kind of fat when she finally did move on.

The reason Georgina was so fat, one of her babies, hiding out under our porch when scared by the lawn mower.

Gracie's two babies. Hard to see but they were always in our yard, I don't know how I didn't get better pictures since they were here so much.

Of course Tom the Turkey. He was actually at the local Y where I would go all the time. I don't know why wild turkeys in our neighborhood still amazes me.

Parker the turtle, coming to visit at our back basement door. I thought it was Lucy, until I got close and realized there was no way this could be a Lucy.

Other neighbors not pictured are Edward the Fox, Bartholomew the Squirrel (likes to run on our roof), and Penelope and her baby (I am almost convinced Penelope is one of Gracie's babies from last year). I feel like I am forgetting some but there you are our neighbors right here in the suburbs.

3 comments:

MAK said...

How strange that you live in the suburbs of a large city and have more "neighbors" than I do in our little tiny town that is in the middle of farmland. Maybe I am just not neighborly enough.

Sharla said...

Thanks. It was nice to meet your neighbors especially Parker the turtle because my son Parker has a pet tortoise. Good to hear a bit about how you're doing.

Cari said...

And this is one reason I miss Missouri so much! The wildlife and the thunderstorms. No place can compare!