When it comes to preparing for babies there are a lot of things that need to be done. I had a list of the "must get done" and "would really like to get done". I know there are still things on the "would like to get done" list but I am happy the my main ones are finished. In addition to some cleaning and extra freezer meals some things I wanted to do were to finish the baby quilts and also make some wall hangings for the nursery.
Baby quilts: I went with giraffes and hippos for our nursery theme. The hippo one my mother helped me make before she left on her mission, that was before I even knew if I would have any babies. The other I made to match since I need two!
Shelves and gifts: I got some really cute gifts and wanted to get the shelves hung for the bears and shoes. Also LOVE LOVE LOVE my giraffes that a dear friend made for me. She is so talented!
Here are the wall hangings in a row above the cribs with their quilts.
Close ups of the two sides, baby boy top and baby girl bottom. The ones with just the dragon fly and butterfly will contain their initials once we decide what their names will be.
The center one combining the two. :)
Now that I got everything completed and hung we have moved one of the cribs out and into our bedroom where they will be together for a little while. So funny I had to get this done so I could move things around and not use the room right now. OK, not entirely true, the changing table and clothes are still in their room. :)
And for those of you wondering how I look at 36 weeks with two babies in me, here is a random picture of me. I did not really plan to take it so ignore the messy hair and such.
13 comments:
I love the nursery and the quilts. And you look amazing.
Oh. My. Goodness! I didn't know there were TWO little Clawsons in there! Your nursery things are so adorable. Love the wildlife theme, of course. :)
I hope you are feeling relatively good. And that they come on time and smoothly. Love you!
Oh this is so exciting!! I love it all. Wish they were here already.
That is so adorable! I love the theme and the fabrics and of course your baby belly shot. :) I can't wait to see them!
Thanks Emma. Haha Bethany, didn't realize you didn't know, we are very excited about it! Mary, how we wish they were here too, I can hardly wait! Ern asks everyday if he should go to work ;) Thanks Cari, I think that is my first belly shot. If I liked the pic a little better I might have put it as my FB profile pic.
I love the decorations and quilts. You are cute pregnant.
How are you feeling at 36 weeks? You're rather in the "home stretch" now, not even considered "preemies" if they come after this...
Thanks for sharing the nursery photos (and the self-portrait, even if you don't love it... you will in 20 years or so :)
Hang in there and be well. looking forward to baby pics!
We should try to catch up a bit sometime.
(By the way, this is Julina (Lambson) Smith, not your sister... or your mom... haha!)
Yea! I love the belly pic. Thanks for sharing. The nursery looks great. I love the high shelf. I might have to copy that in the future. I bet it is very functional as well as decorative. I love your giraffes too. ;)
Julina, fun to hear from you, I did think you were my mom at first and was a little confused. :)
Tina, the high shelf was in the house when we bought it, my next goal is to rearrange what is up there because right now it is random things from unpacking over a year ago when we moved in.
What is SO funny to me is that this is the ONLY place in my life that I have to worry about that.
And it cracks me up that you have not 1, not 2, but THREE different Julina's to keep track of.
And Blogger doesn't help much because it just uses first names or user names, not last names...
Anyway... have a grand weekend and enjoy yourself as much as you can.
Love it all! So happy to see, especially you! So exciting!!
I'm very impressed by your quilts! So cute and well done. I've been working on a quilt for my father-in-law for over a year now. It's getting close, just needs binding now. Good luck to you my friend. I'm happy for this new adventure you're having.
How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of them!
Post a Comment