Sunday, December 16, 2007

Have a happy What?!!!!!

So I have wanted to do this for a long time but I hesitate because it could be potentially embarrassing to anyone who does not wish to hear about feminine issues and/or products. In the end I decided that since nobody reads this anyway it couldn’t hurt to go ahead and write and post it. So if your are finally reading this, be now to forth warned that it could be potentially embarrassing and you may want to move on to another blog entry. In general it is very general and not to specific, so it isn’t too embarrassing on the whole.

Honestly I hate seeing commercials for feminine products, they are generally stupid and often slightly embarrassing when you are watching TV with your dad or perhaps even your new boyfriend.

I did see a funny commercial, that didn’t air in the United States, which had some little boys saving money for some product they heard their mom talk about. The boys were actually overheard, by the mom, discussing how she always said that she could swim and ride horses and do all sorts of fun stuff while using it. Of course they were excited to get their hands on such an item. It was a cleaver commercial and presented more humorously than I am now recounting it.

But this is not what my blog is about; it is about the slogan of one company to “have a happy period.” So here is the story…I will not give the details of when I first saw this slogan, but I will say that it blew my mind to think they would even attempt to tell an ornery, in pain, uncomfortable and in the works for a potentially embarrassing situation, woman to have a happy period.

After I first read this I tried to think happy…potential to have children (but you are on your period it means your are not having a child, which I guess is happy for those of us not in the right situation for having a child)…um what else is there happy about it?

So it got me thinking, who came up with this slogan? I have come up with two possible solutions. Option number one: A man, one who doesn’t understand how it actually feels to be ornery, in pain, uncomfortable and having potential for an embarrassing situation… or option number two: A woman who has been though menopause, someone who has been there, done that, and wants to mock the world of women still dealing with it.

So the next time you see me and I am ornery, or in pain, or uncomfortable or even worse in the middle of an embarrassing situation, leave me alone, because I am probably trying to have a happy period.

2 comments:

Adam said...

ha ha too funny

Anonymous said...

I would like to put out there that the un said company has put out a slightly newer spin on the campaign. Now they tell you to have a happy period, because part of the procedes go to helping girls who live places who don't always have access to such convient packages. Now dont you think that gives them a happy period!