Friday, May 29, 2009

Graduation of the Sand and the Sun


So I just got home from graduation. Since the story of Sand and Sun is coming to an end in my life (see links to previous stories by clicking on the 1, 2, 3, and 4) I thought it might be a good idea to tell an old story. The conversation went something like this:

Sun: I got my license! (with much excitement)

Sand: Can we go driving together? I will pick you up! (with much hope)

Sun: No Sand, leave me alone Sand. (with much annoyance)

So as the once sixteen year olds slipped by in their senior year, our senior Sun was voted best dressed girl in her class, and it was mentioned in the final remarks from the valedictorian that Sand had paid him a dollar to mention him in his speech.

That would have been a great way to end the saga...had I kept up with it...but I didn't so there very well could be more little snippets of the relationship to come.

9 comments:

MAK said...

Hu?

Hokie said...

MAK, clearly you are not a true follower if you don't know about Sand and Sun. I wouldn't blame you if you were a new reader but you are not so please go and update yourself by checking out the old posts. ;)

Tina said...

I can't believe Sand and Sun have graduated! *sigh* We may never find out if all the flirting turns out to be anything more than fond memories for us blog readers.

Hokie said...

Tina, no worries, I will do some catch-up stories of what has happened over the years then try to give it a little bit of a conclusion. You may just see that there are a few things that have happened...maybe good, maybe bad...you will have to wait.

colette said...

It's time for a new sun and sand to emerge.....

can't wait for fall.
actually...I can wait.
c

Mary said...

So the stories finished but you haven't told it all yet? Come on, tell us, what happened to them?

Cari said...

I guess like all the others, I will have to patiently wait for the MIDDLE of the story. You can be such a tease when you want to be. :)

Christalina said...

I like the back ground! :)

MAK said...

So were these real students? Or even based on real students?