I love good music! I love words that inspire, I love melodies that uplift! I love medleys that bring memories of sacred and meaningful hymns of experiences past. I love the spirit that music can bring!
The other day at the gym I was listening to my random music selection that has anything from Latin to Pop to Religious to Classical, and the first movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony came on. Most people are familiar with the last movement which is "The Song of Brotherhood" or "Ode to Joy" as most would recognize it as, but I love the first movement because it is so neat and I love the little fragments of the "Ode to Joy" that are snuck in there. I enjoy the hint of what is to come!
I decided at the end of today that I needed a pick me up so as I was working on my cards for this month's card club, which I have procrastinated until now, I put it on and am currently enjoying the third movement anticipating what was hinted to an hour ago when I was listening to the first..."Ode to Joy"! I love it!
4 comments:
I love the idea of "Hints to come." I think this happens more in life than we think and maybe looking for it would make things more fun and exsiting.
I need to listen to more classical music! I would love to find some great cd's to have at home.
I'm gonna have to go listen to it now so I know what you mean. By the way, I love your new blog design!
Melissa, I agree, but we have to learn to listen and look for it.
Kirsten, I reccommend Beethoven's 9th although the most familiar part at the end is a lot of the type of singing that you might not like as much, I still love it though, I also reccommend Sleeping Beauty because it is also familiar.
Katherine the clip I linked is just a very short portion of the whole movement, I am not sure the part I love (the hint of what is to come) is even on there. I would reccommend going to the library or something for the whole thing, but it is within the first 5 minutes I would say.
Post a Comment