Sunday, December 16, 2007

You gotta love foreign stationary!

I have been getting letters from my friend on mission in Korea and the stationary she writes her letters on is so random it cracks me up. My favorite is the whole milk project, not because that is my milk preference, but it is just funny to see cows flying around giving facts about whole milk and telling you to drink it.

Other than the whole milk project, I get a lot of things with cheesy pictures and poorly translated thoughts. For example there was one with a country scene in the background and in the foreground was a wooden post with signs going different directions with different sayings like
Cheer up
Love way
I’ll miss you
Don’t give up hope
It’s just a flesh wound
I know it hurts

… how random is that?

So I got a letter the other day with a bear with his head in a tea cup and here is the poem that went with it.

I love tea
Ocean breeze, Open sky,
Snow, Victorian house,
Terrace, Flower,
Girl friend, Boy friend
& midnight.
All are going with tea…

Come on, that is better than my poem about crickets! Well, I think it is anyway.

1 comment:

Chantalita said...

Come now, how could whole milk not be your milk of choice.