Monday, August 17, 2009

When You Change your Routien

I would guess many of us have a routine that we follow. We follow routines because they assure us that we can accomplish everything we need to as we see the need. Sometimes it is a daily ritual sometimes by task. Sometimes people take surveys about our habits and routines to "tell us what kind of person we are". For example they ask if you are a sock, sock, shoe, shoe person or if you are sock, shoe, sock, shoe, and then tell you what it means acccordingly. (I don't remember the answer so don't look for it in this post). I digress...

So the other day I took a shower and didn't follow my routine, mainly to accommodate for the lack of time to wash my hair. (I hardly ever shower without washing my hair) To emphasize the need for order I tell you that not washing my hair threw me off and as I was about to step out of the tub something struck me as not quite right, but it took me a bit to figure it out. I looked around and almost continued steping out when it occurred to me...I had left the water running.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just thought it was habbit or OCD.
I always shower first thing in the morning. When I waitted 'til after breakfast yesterday I got in and realized I had my glasses on.

Unknown said...

Ya, don't go messing with my shower routine, either. I'll be in serious trouble, and probably step out with one leg shaved, and shampoo still in my hair.